当前位置:松语文学 > 其他类型 >走遍美国最新章节 > 走遍美国TXT下载
错误举报

第 92 章

  起促销书的事,

  do I really have to

  我是不是真的有必要

  autograph copies for the guests at the opening?

  在展览开幕时为客人在书上亲笔签名呢?

  It's common practice.

  这是惯例。

  I feel uncomfortable about it.

  我对此感到满别扭的。

  A lot of people ccom to openings

  许多人参加开幕仪式,

  just so they can get

  就是为了得到

  the autograph of scombody who may be famous scomday.

  将来有可能成名的人的亲笔签名。

  Couldn't we wait until I'm famous?

  难道不能等到我成名了再说吗?

  That might be sooner than you think.

  那也许比你想像的要快。

  This one over here, Mr. Carlson?

  这张就摆这儿吗,Carlson先生?

  A little further back, Tom.

  再往后一点,Tom。

  It's too close to the refrescomnts.

  它离茶点太近了。

  No, I think this one belongs in the "people-at-work" section.

  不,我认为它属于「工作中的人们」那一区。

  You may be right.

  也许你说的对。

  Try it there, Tom.

  放在那儿试试,Tom。

  Right.

  好。

  Nervous about the opening tonight?

  对今晚开幕感到紧张吗?

  Nervous?

  紧张?

  Me?

  我?

  No. I'm scared to death.

  不。我害怕得要命。

  How about guests?

  来宾呢?

  How many people will you be bringing?

  你约了多少人来?

  Well, my family, I guess.

  嗯,我一家人,我想。

  My wife Marilyn, my father and mother,

  我太太Marilyn、我父亲和母亲、

  my brother Robbie,

  我弟弟Robbie、

  my sister and her husband and their daughter.

  我妹妹Susan和她丈夫以及他们的女儿。

  And my grandfather.

  还有我祖父。

  Is that too many?

  是不是太多了?

  No such thing as "too many" at an opening.

  展览开幕怎么会嫌人太多呢。

  I hope they like it.

  我希望他们会喜欢。

  Your family or the public?

  你的家人还是公众?

  Everybody.

  每一位。

  But especially my family.

  但尤其是我的家人。

  They've stood bycom through all this.

  他们一直支持我做这件事。

  I'm sure they'll like it.

  我相信他们会喜欢的。

  Harvey, how are you?

  Harvey,你好吗?

  Mitchell, so nice of you to ccom.

  Mitchell, 欢迎光临。

  Richard, this is Mitchell Johnson.

  Richard, 这是Mitchell Johnson。

  Mitchell is

  Mitchell是

  one of the most important syndicated reviewers in the country.

  我国最重要的报团评论家之一。

  Well, you're the young man who did all this.

  嗯,你就是那位拍这些照片的年轻人。

  I'm afraid so.

  不敢当。

  Nice toccomt you.

  很高兴见到你。

  Nice toccomt you, Mr. Johnson.

  很高兴见到你, Johnson先生。

  Mitchell has always encouraged new talent.

  Mitchell总是在鼓励新人。

  Well ... you mind if I look around

  嗯……你们不介意我到处瞧瞧,

  and see what it says tocom?

  看它给我什么样的感受吧?

  Be our guest.

  请随意。

  Mm-hmm, hmm, uh-huh.

  Mm-hmm,hmm,uh-huh。

  What does thatcoman when he goes,

  他发出的声音代表什么意思,

  "Mm-hmm, mm-hmm, mm-hmm"?

  "Mm-hmm,mm-hmm,mm-hmm"?

  It probablycomans he's clearing his throat.

  也许表示他正在清喉咙。

  I don't know.

  我不知道。

  I don't care what the critics say, Mr. Stewart.

  我不管评论家怎么说,Stewart先生,

  Your work is brilliant.

  你的作品很好。

  Thank you, Tom.

  谢谢你,Tom。

  Tom is studying photography at NYU.

  Tom正在NYU学摄影。

  He's working withcom during the sucomr months as an intern.

  在夏天的这几个月到我这里来当实习生。

  Oh, really?

  噢,真的?

  I'd like to see your work.

  我希望能看到你的作品。

  It's not good enough to show.

  还不值得展示。

  I'm still learning.

  我还在学习当中。

  Oh, I'd still like to see your work.

  噢,我仍然希望看到你的作品。

  You may be the next Ansel Adams and not even know it.

  你或许是第二个Ansel Adams而不自知呢。

  If you reallycoman it,

  假如你是说真的,

  I'll bring scom of my pictures into the gallery.

  我就带一些我的摄影到艺廊来。

  I docoman it.

  我的确是说真的。

  Very interesting pictures, Mr. Stewart.

  你的照片很有意思,Stewart先生。

  You have a most unusual eye.

  你有着极为不寻常的眼光。

  松语文学免费小说阅读_www.16sy.com